Compassionate In-home Care For Seniors With Alzheimer’s Or Dementia
Dementia affects millions of seniors in the United States, and it can be challenging and exhausting when it impacts your loved one. Many individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s become depressed and at higher risk of being socially isolated. At AccordCare, we understand how Alzheimer’s and dementia can affect not just the person but the entire family.
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services include:
- Maintaining a safe home environment
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other companionship activities
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Transporting your loved one to medical appointments
- Personal care, bathing and grooming assistance
- Encouraging the client to accomplish as much as they can on their own
- Adapting a care plan that effectively addresses disease progression
- Honoring and respecting the client’s life accomplishments
- Assisting with your loved one’s ambulation and socialization
- Identifying, documenting and managing changing behaviors
- Engaging in light housework
Benefits Of In-home Care For Individuals With Alzheimer’s And Dementia
Research has found that living at home in familiar surroundings provides much-needed comfort and stability to someone with dementia. Allowing a loved one with dementia to stay in their home is beneficial if they aren’t a safety risk to themselves or others.
An AccordCare team member will design a personalized dementia program that works best for your family and delivers the individualized attention your loved one requires, from daily visits to continuous, 24-hour care.
How To Get Started
AccordCare’s team can provide peace of mind, beginning with your first phone call. We understand that no two clients are the same, we take the time to get to know you and your loved one and listen to your needs. A care coordinator will work to align an AccordCare caregiver with the desired schedule requested.
Contact us today to discuss your needs and to schedule a free in-home assessment.